District & Campus Improvement Plans
District/Campus Improvement Plans
The KISD District Improvement Plan (DIP) is prepared in accordance with requirements of Chapter 11, Subchapter F, of the Texas Education Code, specifically §11.251 and §11.252. These requirements are also contained in KISD policies BQ(Legal) and BQA(Legal).
Each school district shall have a district improvement plan that is developed, evaluated, and revised annually, in accordance with district policy, by the Superintendent with the assistance of the district-level committee. The purpose of the district improvement plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect to academic excellence indicators.
The DIP is required by statute to include the following components:
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- Measurable district performance objectives
- Strategies for improvement of student performance
- Strategies for providing secondary students with information on higher education preparation and opportunities
- Description of resources needed to implement identified strategies
- Description of staff responsible accomplishing of each strategy
- Timelines for implementation of each strategy
- Formative evaluation criteria
In developing the DIP, the KISD District Site-Based Decision Making Committee provides input, as well several departments and each campus.
In addition to meeting statutory requirements, each Campus Improvement Plan aligns directly with the DIP.